Hi! I’m Rachael and I’m so happy you are here! I’m a twin mom with a love of healthy living, simple recipes and making your life as easy as possible so you can enjoy the things that matter the most to you.
I’m a twin mom who has two beautiful boys and I share our twin parenting journey (with my husband who is a stay at home dad) as we go. It’s not perfect, but it’s been a blessing to connect with other moms and to be able support to them.
Years ago I felt like I had to do it all. And while I still do a lot, I’ve learned to trim things down to what really matters. That’s changed over time for us as our family grows and I’m sure it will in the future too! But one thing I know is that we will always choose to lean down in places that don’t fufill us to make room for the things that matter!
You’ll find blogs on:
- Raising Twins (Montessori, gentle parenting, prodcut reviews, breast feeding and pumping)
- Thrifting and eco friend family solutions
- Budgeting for a 1 income family
- Gardening and suburban homesteading
- Blogging and our Baby Boutique (additonal income streams)
Love your life, Lean down, Live abundantly.
I hope you find this a positive, fun and safe space to enjoy while you’re here! And I hope you find something to help bring more happiness to your life.
A note about my recipes. I don’t macro count, or follow any one diet. I eat for health, well being and enjoyment. I try to follow a few food guidelines for my family as we have some food allergies and sensitivities.
A few simple food rules I like to follow are:
1. Eat whole foods as often as you can, eat food that as processed as little as possible.
2. Not everyone thrives on dairy, some do and not everyone thrives on wheat, find out what works for you.
3. Vegetables are the givers of life, the word literally steams from “giver of life” so learn to like them.
4. You don’t have to eat “perfect,” to be healthy, there are ways to still enjoy cake and live a happy, healthy, life.
Simple. Real Health for Real Life.