Almond Superfoods Chocolate Bars
Chocolate bars are delicious to just grab, snap off a square (or 4), and enjoy. I have come to love trying out new flavors. I even have tried a few I never thought I would. Here are my winners and losers list:
Dark cherry, mandarin orange, almond crisps, potato chip, hibiscus, sea salt, and hot pepper
Bacon (I know, but I just couldn’t get into it), honeycomb, lemon zest
Some things work with dark chocolate, so do not. But I am still curious to try another lemon zest one because I believe that given a chance, I could improve on it and make one that I like.
I love almonds in chocolate, mostly any nuts in chocolate, but they also are usually whole or cut in big chunks. When trying to savor a chocolate piece it stinks to just end up with one chunk per piece or sometimes none at all. I love sliced almonds and thought they might make for a better dispersion through the bar as well as better bite since it would be easier to chew.
And because I loved the hot pepper chocolate bar I had tried once before, I knew that a little spice would be appreciated as well. While this bar is by no means spicy, by pairing it with Detox Organics Chocolate Superfoods, I knew that it would have a small kick at the end and be packed with tons off good stuff to boot!
10oz Dark melting chocolate
½ cup Sliced almonds
- Place 10 oz of dark melting chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and warm in 15-second intervals at a time. Stir between every 15-second interval until chocolate is mixed and creamy.
- Immediately stir in Detox Organics Chocolate Superfoods and stir quickly until there is no longer any powder visible and the mixture is smooth again.
- In a chocolate bar mold, sprinkle sliced almond onto the bottom of the mold.
- Pour melted chocolate into an icing piping bag and gently pipe into the mold over the top of the almond slices.
- Use a spatula to gently pat and smooth the chocolate down into the mold.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set, then transfer to the fridge for 10 minutes. Once the chocolate has hardened, gently peel out the bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.