Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie
Need a dessert that’s decadent and healthy!? I love this chocolate cake smoothie. It’s the definition of rich chocolate bake in its best form: batter.
While you’re not supposed to lick the bowl, this is almost identical to enjoying a spatula full of batter. This is a great way to introduce superfood smoothies to picky eaters as well. I love to just slip a few bits of spinach in there here and there. I end up putting a little more in each time. The goal is not to turn this into a green smoothie, just get a few extra greens in where you can. You also don’t need to add spinach in at all if you don’t want to. It’s just a bonus I have done for my kiddos before.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup of quick cook oats
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup unsweet vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- top with water
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with shaved chocolate or extra dark mini chocolate chips for a more dessert feel.
Then sit back and enjoy your decadent dessert smoothie with all of the superfoods included!