Chocolate Chip Detox Ice Cream
I wanted to make ice cream at home. But almost every recipe required a specialty ice cream maker and I do not have one. Instead, I searched high and low for a set and freeze in your own freezer recipe. This is what I was able to come up with.
I wouldn’t swap out the whipping cream with milk. I have been asked this, but it wouldn’t give you the creamy ice cream texture if you don’t use heavy whipping cream. I have not tried with non-dairy milk but I would assume the same thing about it not turing into a thick, creamy ice cream.
You can change out the Detox Organics chocolate superfoods with just Cocoa powder and it gives the same amazing chocolate flavor and is still packed with antioxidants.
One note, the chocolate chips did sink to the bottom and that was ok with us! We just cut it out of the ice cream tub in slices. If you want to have it set more evenly, just put in half of the chips at first, then add half of the chips an hour later. This should help with keeping them a little less congregated at the bottom.
We found an awesome freezer ice cream container at The Container Store and still use it all the time!
2 cups Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
1 can organic condensed milk or organic condensed coconut milk
½ cup Detox Organics™ (or 4 level scoops)
1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the 2 cups of whipping cream until it is light, airy, and stands at a peak when you take out to mixer. Do not continue to beat the cream after it peaks.
- In a second bowl mix together the vanilla extract, Detox Organics™ and condensed milk until thoroughly combined.
- In the larger bowl, start to gently fold in the chocolate condensed milk for the second bowl. Fold in lightly as to preserve the integrity of the light and airy mixture.
- Once combined, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place mixture in a metal loaf pan or a glass loaf pan. The metal will chill the ice cream quicker. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Take out from the freezer and scoop into bowls to enjoy.