Chocolate Mug Cake – Ooey Gooey Superfoods
Want delicious cake without turning on the oven and heating up the whole house? Also don’t wanna share? Then mug cakes are perfect for you! I have just added this recipe to my arsenal of quick and (sneaky good) snacks.
Added a scoop of super greens to this and it was perfection.
This is what I call my Ooey Googey Chocolate Chewy Mug Cake. If you can’t tell…the boys love being read Dr. Seuss right now. haha.
Some tips for cooking in the microwave. Know the wattage of your microwave and start with just 30 seconds. Add 15 seconds at a time after as needed. Don’t be a hero with it and attempt to cook it perfect in one guess. It’s a recipe for an exploding cake.
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp Detox Organics Superfoods
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix together flour, Detox Organics superfoods, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix in milk and coconut oil and combine. For a gooey center, add a few chocolate chips.
- Place in a large mug. Top with the chocolate chips. Batter can rise to a little over double so account for that in your mug.
- Microwave for 70 second in a 950 watt microwave. Check for fluffy cake rising and add 10 seconds if the inside is still too gooey.
- Every microwave is different so start with 60 seconds and add more time if needed. And enjoy your ooey gooey cake!