Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Superfoods Donuts
This recipe is great for anyone looking for a delicious, not dry, gluten-free donut. The toppings I picked were for the holiday but they could be replaced with any fun candy of your choice.
Chocolate mint just happens to be a holiday favorite so I thought why not make a gluten-free option for everyone!
1 cup gluten-free flour
6 tbsp organic cane sugar
1/2 cup Detox Organics
1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup organic whole milk
1 egg at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
Frosting and Toppings:
Natural frosting made with coconut oil
Crushed up candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a 6 donut baking pan wipe a thin coat of Palm Shortening to prevent donuts from sticking when baking.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Then whisk in milk, egg, vanilla, and coconut oil. Combine until batter is smooth.
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock with the corner cut out to make a piping bag, fill with batter. Then slowly pipe batter into each donut mold equally.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature and then top with frosting and crushed candy canes.
Store these for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.