Roasted Garlic: Quick and Easy
Roasted garlic is always delicious and adds so much flavor to every dish. I once was at a restaurant that placed whole cloves on a board for you to drag crackers through and I was blown away by the sharp and almost spicy taste of straight roasted garlic. Since that day I always go for dishes that offer whole cloves of roasted garlic in them.
I decided that I wanted to make some to have at home as well. I cook with a lot of fresh garlic but never had roasted my own in order to garnish or add to a dish. I am happy to report the prep time was less than 5 minutes and once it was roasted it was ready to store in the fridge or enjoy immediately. Make a bulb or two for the week to have on hand for your recipes. Garlic is good for your health and now there’s an even more enjoyable way to eat it!
1 head of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Gently peel back any loose garlic wrapper, leaving enough to keep all the cloves together.
- Cut about ¼ inch on the tip so that you expose the top of the garlic bulbs below.
- Pour your olive oil into the top of the bulb and massage into the garlic. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the garlic cut side up in a square of aluminum foil and close at the top to create a small tin pocket.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until the garlic is cooked through all the way through and super soft.