Vanilla Protein Valentines Cupcakes
Sometimes you just want something sweet. That’s usually when I’m reaching for cupcakes and even when I’m enjoying desserts, I’m thinking about how to make it a little healthier. The easiest is to make swaps for pasture-raised eggs and organic ingredients.
One other great swap I’ve found in baking is to add in some high-quality protein in place of some of the flour. It helps add protein to help level out your sugar when you’re eating it. I love that it also helps me feel a little more full when I usually feel hungry right after eating a sugary treat.
½ cup coconut oil
¾ cup organic cane sugar
2 pasture-raised eggs (room temp)
½ cup Detox Organics Vanilla Protein
¾ cup gluten-free baking flour
¼ tsp salt
1 ¾ tsp baking powder
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
½ cup butter (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups organic powdered sugar
2 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and in a large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
2. Add in Detox Organics Protein, flour, salt, baking powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Beat with a hand mixer for 1 more minute on medium speed.
4. Once completely mixed, place in silicone or paper liners into the cupcake baking sheet.
5. Spoon batter into each of the cupcake spots and fill ¾ of the way full.
6. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely
8. While cupcakes cool, in a large mixing bowl slowly combine room temperature butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and almond milk and beat with a mixer until fluffy and fully combined.
9. Using a piping bag or knife ice the cupcakes and top with any red of pink candies for decor!