Basic Bean Fall Brownies
Where are all my basic witches at? Yes, I have had a few pumpkin spice lattes and I love it. And whenever I have a chance I try and add a little pumpkin in other places too.
This recipe is delicious with the pumpkin providing nice moisture to the brownies that I think most gluten and grain-free recipes lack.
It’s simple and uses chickpea flour which is also higher in protein than normal flour. Add in the chocolate superfoods, Detox Organics, and this little snack packs a little punch of nutrition in there too. Of course, I’m not calling this a health food, but isn’t chocolate good for your health?
All ingredients are best organic but of course, do what you can!
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temp
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup Detox Organics (cocoa powder)
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Heat oven to 350 F. In an 8×8 baking dish lay out parchment paper to cover the bottom and up the side of the dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and the eggs.
- One at a time whisk in the chickpea flour, Detox Organics, baking soda, and salt until completely combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of the lined baking dish.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, checking at 20 minutes with a toothpick. The brownies are ready when the toothpick comes out clean with no wet batter.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes. Gently lift out the brownies using the parchment paper and place on the counter.
- Cut brownies and enjoy.