Double Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookie Dough
These cookie dough balls are also gluten-free!
I have been enjoying store-bought EDIBLE cookie dough seeing that real cookie dough is not safe to eat.
It’s expensive. And just all sugar. I’m going to eat it anyways so I figured I’d try my own and add at least something redeeming about it. <— besides the serotonin in my brain factor.
This recipe incorporates my favorite chocolate superfood so it worked perfectly as the chocolate flavor of the dough.
And then add more chocolate with the chips and it was a serious sweet tooth cure!
As always I use everything organic if possible but you can use what you have. I don’t write organic by everything because it’s not necessary and gets repetitive.
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/3 vegan chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
1/4 cup Detox Organics (cocoa powder)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
1/4 tsp coconut oil
- On baking sheet place parchment paper to put cookie dough bites on.
- In a large bowl mix together applesauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a second bowl, combine oat flour, Detox Organics, and salt.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mix until completely combined.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to scoop and roll out 10-12 evenly sized balls.
- Set on baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is freezing, microwave the 1tbsp chocolate chips and coconut oil for 10 seconds at a time until you can stir them and the mixture is smooth.
- Take out dough balls and using a small spoon, drizzle over each bite.
- Freeze bites again for 10 minutes and then store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.