Spooky Chocolate Crisps Snack Bars
I admitted something to my cousin yesterday that I have never admitted to anyone before.
I don’t love Halloween…
This might be my most dramatic post but with the love that everyone else has (bordering on obsession) for this holiday I have never really been able to bring myself to say – I DON’T LOVE HALLOWEEN!
I feel free. hahaha. I just don’t like the scary, spooky, creepy, scared crap-less movies, and commercials and events.
I really do like the cutesy side of Halloween though. The pumpkin carving, the candy to pass out, the kids who love dressing up and of course the right to decorate for Christmas once the night is over. And don’t lecture me on “let Thanksgiving have it’s day” cause it’s basically Pre-Christmas to me.
I found this recipe extremely cute and festive for Halloween. This is the type of Halloween I like. The chocolatey cute side.
I found this recipe through Half Baked Harvest and adapted it to include my favorite superfood Detox Organics. Let me know how you enjoy these gooey Halloween bars!
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup creamy natural (no stir) peanut butter
6 cups organic corn flakes
12 oz mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet) melted (set aside 1 tbsp that won’t be melted)
1 scoop Detox Organics
2 tsp coconut oil
6 oz white chocolate chips melted
- Using a 9X13 baking sheet, line with parchment paper. This recipe works best when have a slight lip around the edge to pack the mix into.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add in honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and the peanut butter. Melt and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour corn flakes into the bowl and toss until they are completely coated and press into the baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil for 10 seconds at a time until easily spreadable. Add in your scoop of Detox Organics and mix.
- Pour over cornflake pan and spread evenly.
- Melt white chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil and stir 10 seconds at a time until fully melted together.
- Spoon a dollop of white chocolate onto the chocolate mixture to make your ghosts. Spread out far enough to leave room for their arms and tails.
- Using a toothpick, draw out arms and a tail for each ghost. Gently drag the white chocolate out to shape it.
- Use 2 mini chips from the tbsp that was set aside for eyes by placing them point down into the ghost.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then gently cut out big bars with a ghost on them with a large sharp knife. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.