Through the Mist Halloween Popsicles
Charcoal, Coconut-Lime Popsicles
I love popsicles as a late-night snack. I tend to only have a sweet tooth in the evening. Popsicles tend to cure my sweet with just once small pop!
I wanted to do something fun for Halloween and decided to add in the activated charcoal because I had seen other places using it in ice-cream and thought “why not?!”
So this is a fresh and funky take on a detox pop for Halloween. The front of the popsicle looks like the scary mists and the back has a beautiful swirly black spider web like feel.
If you make this popsicle let me know how it turns out and what you think of the fresh flavor. I got rave reviews from my friend, her 2-year-old daughter, and my husband!
Enjoy and have a spooky Halloween sharing these treats!
1 Can of full-fat coconut milk (13.5oz)
1/4 cup of whole milk
3 tbsp unrefined honey
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (1 large size lime)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Emergency Detox activated charcoal (6 capsules opened)
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (or a pinch)
1. In a large mixing bowl combine coconut milk, whole milk, honey, lime juice, and salt. Whisk until blended and then Emergency Detox activated charcoal.
2. Measure out 3 tbsp of the mixture into a small bowl and add in charcoal powder. Use a whisk, or a small electric frother whisk to thoroughly blend it together.
3. Assemble your popsicle mold and sticks. In your popsicle mold, place a few large drops of the charcoal mix. Then layer over with the coconut mix. continue 2-3 more layers until the mold is almost full.
4. Using a toothpick swirl around the charcoal mix into the coconut mix to create your own design.
5. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight for best results.
6. Gently pop out the popsicles and store in individual bags and place them back in the freezer.